Translate

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Trying to film someone spearing fish.

Now that I have the new boat, the water has cleared up a little and the wind has backed off for a day or two I decided I would try and film my son spearing some fish. Simple task you would think, well not so. First you have to get a teenager out of bed and ready to go out, then trying to explain what you are attempting to do and getting them to cooperate is another matter entirely.

So after getting him out of bed and having had breakfast we launched the boat. We then headed out to a local reef with the intention of spearing some dinner and filming Jack shoot the fish. The visibility was not the best and the water was overly warm for this time of year. But after 5 attempts we finally managed to get a half decent sequence of Jack spearing a Sweep, even though you cant see the fish when he shoots. Oh well we will see what we can get next time we get out. I did however see a number of baby Dhu Fish and a lot of small Western Rock Lobster so things are at least looking good for the future.

The weather does not look the best for the next few days but that suits me fine as it will give me a chance to continue fitting out the boat, and do a bit of maintenance on my gear.



No comments:

Post a Comment