Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Where are the Fish?

I took my son out yesterday to Rottnest and we dived all along the North side, well we tried to dive. The current was raging and it was impossible to stay anchored and dive. This would not have been so much of a problem if we had an extra diver as we could have drifted but just being the two of us ruled drifting out. We ended up on the Northeast corner out about 3km in about 50ft of water.
We cut up 4 big buff as berley and only succeeded in having 1 small Inkytail shark pay us a quick visit. The water was about 2 degrees warmer than usual so I am wondering if this has sent all the fish into a sulk. The only decent fish I did see and they were only small ones was a couple of Baldchin Groper.

Again after much complaining about getting out of bed and the usual teenage grumpy morning mood Jack had a reasonable day and managed a nice Goldspot Sweetlips from about 45ft. I didn't get the whole sequence in video but I got a good scene of him making for the surface after the shot.





Later in the day on the way home we decided to stop on a shallow reef for a bit of a cool down swim and a quick look around. I had been in the water less than a minute when a Manta Ray complete with 3 remora fish swam past me in about 10ft of water. It was a nice end to an otherwise uneventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment