Translate

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Diving the Islands around Esperance.

I have been away at work the last few weeks and didn't get a chance to post this before I went back, but here it is. I spent a few days on the far South Coast diving the Islands around Esperance. The visibility ranged from exceptional through to fair with 30mt visibility not uncommon. The fish life was amazing with loads of fish species not normally seen further west being far more common. There were large numbers of Magpie Perch, Harlequin, Queen Snapper, Black Drummer, Breaksea Cod and Blue Groper. Most dives I was surrounded by some of the biggest Sea Sweep I have ever seen, and the Groper were also constant companions being very curious as to what I was doing. I got some video and a few photos but spent most of the time just looking around and swimming the long edges of the Islands exploring new ground. There were plenty of seals on just about every Island and even a few pairs of Cape Barren Geese. Here is  short Video of some of the fish life around Mondrain Island one of the larger Islands.







No comments:

Post a Comment